For all kinds of useful information about the Welsh language, visit Gwybodiadur (A Welsh Informationary) at
If you want to learn Welsh, or have been learning for years, if you teach Welsh, or even if you are just curious about the language, Gwybodiadur will be useful to you.
Gwybodiadur is a directory of language resources for Welsh learners and teachers: a low-tech, no-gimmicks information portal with no commercial axe to grind. It aims to offer informed, impartial advice about dictionaries, coursebooks, classes, software, websites and any other resources to do with the Welsh language; it features reviews, listings, links, pages of background information and useful contacts. Specifically, Gwybodiadur contains by far the most up-to-date and comprehensive information on Welsh dictionaries anywhere on the Web. Feel free to link to it or recommend it to others.
- Where you can find the books, tapes, classes and websites you need?
- There are dozens of publications on the market, but which are the best?
- Why is it important to choose a good dictionary?
- What makes a good Welsh dictionary anyway?
- How can the Internet help you learn Welsh?
© 19992001 Harry Campbell
Pages last updated: October 2001